Sunday, June 04, 2006

a meeting with weirdos

A cousin was here in the hope s of getting married....but unfortunetly had to go back to the land of the English with absolutely nothing...the guy is prettydecent..good guy...lekin bahut jazbati and a bit dumb too....
So we started the search for the perfect girl for the dude....
one girl after the other....it's a very strenous job...both for the dude and the girl... for the girl to get all dressed come and sit in front of strnagers like some show piece....you probably getthe idea of how annoying it is .....and how much I'm against it ....
anyways..one girl had short hair..the other had no lips...the other was too skinny....and nother was too dark...one couldn't speak in English ...and blah blah blah...the kind of crap that illiterate people do..was being exercised by people who claim to be well educated and people that I unfortunetly am related to....
my cousin would insist me to come with him to see the girls..but I would always decline the offer cause I was not going to be part of this insanity ..yar larki dekhnay jao ..so the girl starts building all these hopes and dreams..about the dude... and in the end you just reject the girl for some dumb reason
lekin that day I was sitting at khala's house talkign to a friend over the fone..when my khala..the guy's mom insisted so much that I couldnt say no....I wasn't dressed properly, so went home took a shower, put on something more formal. and with absolutely no make up....not even the eye pencil.... drove these people to the girl's house.....
I called up the girl when I reached somewhere near her apt...and guess wht she was attempting to speak in English ...c'mon people urdu bolo...I was speaking in Urdu...but she started in English , the gandi wali English.....then she described a ramp as aslope at which I corrected her..and she started giggling....uff..the darn typical giggle....im like "whtver....."
so we get to the apt..and the mother opened the door..and said"asalam wlaikum" in the most shrieky voice I've ever heard....it was just killing my ears they were asking for mercy....kher we were made to sit in a room with the girl's mom...and then walked in the daddy....oh my God,he looked so miserable, he had this expression on his face that showed he was really pist off OR he had a facial palsy have facial palsy ....
the daddy, after that started giving us a dose of his English, look I'm not good at English ..this isnt my first language but it aint that bad either..lekin if you can't, why bother...my cousin can perfectly understand urdu and speak some too....guess the uncle was unaware of the fact andhe started .....
"my borther daughter do M.A English and she teaching English to Englsh peepul"
"my brother son do Law and SHE big lawyer"
this is nothing ..just a glipmse ,he for some reason was trying to show us how educated they were and kinda trying to put us down ...guess inferiority complex or something ... "astaghfirullah" honestly I dont knwo why ....kher I was seated right oppsite to him on a couch....and when he started with this...I tried so freakin hard ..but I couldnt...I just burst out laughing....just imagine ... we sre all seated in this very serious environment, everyone was nervous ... and the uncle is goin about how educated his relatives are...and I just start laughing...I didnt know wht to do ..I couldnt even stop.,,I started fidgeting with my hadn bag trying deperately not to make eye contact with these people....who obviously were staring at me by now...I apologized and straightened myself and started playing with my cell fone
and then the girl walks in , and the father starts again, and he smiles, so it wasn't really facial palsy ..lol......and gives us a memorized speech on the girl's achievments...and all of us instead of looking at the girl , were staring at the daddy trying to comprehend wht and why he was saying all that...and guess wht we only understood the last two words...."governor award"
it was crazy.....
the girl then started speaking to us that is me and my other couisn sister, and she starts the converstaion by" hello. " and then comes "HOW OLD ARE YOU", ooh MY LORD...you have to be kidding me.... who does that...lol....like always we lied about our age...duuh....lol...
my aunt said something about my driving to them..and they were like oh she drives..isnt she too young for it...Oh one should let girls drive , it's not right .....oh we never let our girls drive....never ver..the dad drops them to uni ..all three of em..and then picks them up ..again, all three of em..from different unis in different parts of the city at different times of the day, and then takes them out in the evenigns too...to that, I muttered to myself" yeah right the dude works in a Government office.. .he probably never goes to work and does" drivary" for his girl all day long and just goes to office on pay day to get the cheque, and believe me I know that has to be how it is....how dare he tries to judge me... some stranger...
my couisn liked the girl but it didn't work out like the other 99 girls....and thne I see the family at a mall...and the mother started chasing me...dont know why ... but Iquickly made my way to my car and told the driver to get outta there,,,the mother meanwhile had informed the dad about my sighting and the dad gets out of the car and starts walking towards me...and im like "go ...go go", and thankfully I was gone before the uncle could cross the road ....

thats about it...

a little note now..I hate Nicole from "pussycat Dolls" especially in the video"buttons"...guys if you're wondering why , watch the video...and girls you probabaly feel the same way....

4 comments:

coco jumbo said...

suleman, I thought you are on vacations?? haha blogging vacations par bhi nahein chortay???
and yea, welcome to "Pakistan". I have the "EXTRAORDINARY" experience of living alone for 3 months without parents, so yea. totally weird. bechara cousin.

M said...

Oh mera bacchhaa...

HAHA... *tries to stiffle it down*
...

*fails miserably*.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA..

HE STARTED CHASING YOU!?... God... must have been scarry!!! oh my DEAR dear God.. mehwish.. yeh sab hota hai.. i dread to think agar koi pathetic se log mere ghar aa gaye n askld me to show how i walk wot position i sleep in n whether i put my shirt on the ryt way... haye.. my looks wud be enuff for sending them scurrying away frm my house.

um, as a matter of fact hahaha.. things DID come to this back in pak. last yr. da SISTERS, or more lyk Executioners, askd me (as soon as i left my mum's side) HOW OLD ARE YOU! im lyk.. aunty ji im 19 *pouts* *blink blink* - tHEM: Only?!?. im lyk... haw! only.*shrugs*
n haha.. gues wot THEY TRIED TO GIMME um, their first hand in engrezi as well. i dun wanna make fun of their lang. but. she... um.. tried to.... um, impress me wid it(?!?)

wich wz enuff to make anybdy slip frm their chairs.

the dinner wid em gave me an actual headache tht lasted for two days!!

P.s. & for those who wanna knw woh log kahan ghayab ho gaye. thing is WOT I PREDICTED wz TRUE. the guy obviously wanted to marry his gurlfriend rather than the Stranger His Dad Lykd.

meshwork said...

suleman...
haan shayd...I might've gone overbboard..a bit...but I was eternally pist at their behaviour and honestlykinda enjoyed it too ...


omair...
3 months..!!! I've been stuck here for three years now...but it's alrite I guess...
haan bahut bechara hay cousin but he is somewhat responsible for his "becharapan" too....


mishi...
lol...
I hat this ordeal,it just pisses me off real bad....
kher the jerk probabaly is better with his jerkY girlfriend..after all we deserve "shehzada ghulfams"..not soem ordinary dude...right!?
and when such things happent o me I just ignore them , they can talk to my parents and all who obviously say "no" cause im still studying... and thankfully my parents have never ever let me be a showpiece...you wanna cum and see wht I look like...look at me some soem party or sopme shit... i aint gonna do the "tray mein chai crap...."
waisay bhi dont really want to get married off to a stranger , don't believe in things like these... it's gonna be someone I know ...someone who is a good friend...insha Allah...:D

M said...

erm, yessssssssss.. so "Shezada Ghulfaam" it is.

:P.. um, altho i'll try n change his name after tht, it dznt roll on my tongue soo .. yummily.

=D

haha no i didnt becum a show piece n do tht "chai mein tray.." episode, ya jo bhi hai. we went OVER to those ppl.. since we were sumhow family friends so we had an upper hand n frankly it me checkin da ...da "boy" out. lolz!

but anyway... yes i wud rather prefer gettin married to a close friend than a stranger who's gud at smooching. lolz.. wot r we gonna do wid tht mouth whn we are in our 50's 60's? hehehe... long term planning hunny..