Sunday, October 12, 2008

too soon

my cousin brother got engaged the other day,it was suppose to be a get together ,where both the families would meet each other, my father who was visiting for Eid prolonged his visit just so he could attend the small party,it was suppose to be a small affair,being so soon after my mother's passing...
but when we got there,there were movie walas,photographers,girl dressed like a dulhan, and so were her other family members, it was nothing short of a shadi...we were stopped at the entrance, the girls held the dulha's hand we posed there for the movie wala... and then we enetered and were given phhol kay haar by women of the family who were arranged in astraight line at the entrance , just like how baraatis are greetedon the day of the wedding...
then we seated ourselves,and my cousin sat on this sofa surrounded my bouquets of fllowers, and then the dulhan's brothers all dressed in similar clothes, adn the bhabhi wearing exactly wht the dulhan was wearing but im adifferent color .then came the dulhan.. that is how it would be appropriately described ,shameless of what has happened in my family these people continued with the rest of the proceedings...shame on the dulhan's familly , and I dont know how much my side of the family was involved, so I wouldnt comment on that.My father was seated with the men observing everything from a distance andI could see from a distance that he was upset with what was happening..it was too soon and it was very wrong... but my dear father appeared happy, he was shattered underneath but he kept a smiling face , I love my father a lot...They then carried on with their stupid rasmay with no sharam wht so ever aswe watched from a distance, havinf forgotten my mother completely , how could they , she was their beloved khala . who did so much for these people ...it looked as it it just didnt matter...
now my family is trying to give me justifications of why and what happened,only after i shared a thought with my cousin whoich was then later passed on to the elders of the family , the thought was " if it had been any of my other aunts instead of my mum: we would have neve rdone i t"
now tell me am I wrong... I wanted my fathe rto go back t dubai and not stay here for the event because i knew this would happen , myself and my sister understand that people go on with theri lives and they forget everyone who has passed away , we would not be offended by it all...and even if we were we would never say anything...but only afte rmy cousin inquired why my father looked sad on tht day , i shared that thought with her..
now you tellme the my cousin who got engaged , practically lives with the girl..he wouldnt know about the arrangements which he is swearing now he didnt know abt , this is just not true... and the elders say we were unaware of wht was happening... they did not show thier disapproval when they were stood at the party posing for themovie wala and the photographers...and laughing about ,enjoying the party, and how in the world could they not know ,not possible... it was suppose to be joint party...not they are crying and giving me justifications... saying that i shd share my feeling with them.. no I wont ...that is not going to happen ...everyone lives their own life and they have a right to live it up , I will never want to and I will never let my thoughts and desires or feelings rule others decisions...everyone lives for themselves... but when asked i just expressed my feelings.. which were genuine..My mother would've never even thought about shadi like parties so soon after her sister's deaths....guess my mother loved them more then they love her...then again I am no one to judge anyone, maybe I am wrong...

4 comments:

coco jumbo said...

sad. I am not related to you but your story is similar to the thoughts that are trapped in my mind. who remembers death when they have money? Who remembers death when the fake live of riches is so mesmerizing and attractive? Who remembers death when enlightened moderation and liberalism has intoxicated one's mind like a junkie.

i pray for the wellness of your mom in her grave.

meshwork said...

Ameen

meshwork said...

right now I miss ammi so much ...I feel very weak...I just want to collapse in her arms... and have her kiss me , hug me... thats all i want ,bus yeh aur kuch nahin...
sometimes i wonder we are living such artificial...empty lives...
aisay kyun ???
ammi bahut yaad arahee...i feel im going to go crazy if I dont see you soon...or if i;m not able to speak to you soon....

Zombies ate my display name said...

Read half the post in hurry.

People now a days have hearts of stone. It's a shame, and inhumane to be so cold.